Muse Construction Camera
School District Policies
PA Child Welfare Portal
Facility Request Procedure
Final Budget 2016-2017
Canon-McMillan School District Comprehensive Plan
(Hard copies are available at the Central Administration Office)
Canon-Mcmillan Community Scholarship Foundation
School Closings and Delays
New payment information regarding student accounts
6/30/2016 Audit Report
Town Hall Meeting Presentation File
Hallf of Honor 2017 Nominations
Kindergarten Registration is now open. click here to register.
Canon-Mac Students Win Scholastic Art Competition
Canon-McMillan High School art students were recognized recently for their art accomplishments at the Scholastic Art and Writing Competition of Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Lindsay Hill, a junior, received a Gold Key and an American Vision Award, the highest
level of achievement on the regional level, for her photography piece titled “Night at
Kelsey Benedict, a senior, received three Gold Keys for her drawings titled “Peace & Balance” and “Cherry Bomb” and design piece titled “(Verb) To Develop; To Progress.”
Hannah Chop, a sophomore, received a Gold Key for her photography piece titled “Train Bridge.”
Their Gold Key work was forwarded to New York for national level adjudication. National winners will be announced in March.
Winners of a Silver Key for distinguished achievement on the regional level were:
• Rylie McGrady, senior, for her painting, “Sticky.”
• Liz Passante, senior, for her photography piece, “Rock on.”
• Allison Paxton, junior, for her painting, “Determination.”
Honorable Mentions were:
• Kelsey Benedict, senior, “La Luna,” and “17 Years Strong” and “My Peace,” drawings
• Hannah Chop, sophomore, “The Melody of Heart Strings,” drawing; as well as “Flower in Bloom,” and “Serene Sunset,” photography
• Tayanna Harrison, senior, “Brain Matter,” painting
• Alexa Kildare, senior, “London Nights,” drawing
• Cassidy King, senior, “First World Problem,” and “Stop Smoking,” drawings; “Tia,” mixed-media
• Rylie McGrady, senior, “Dazed,” painting
• Liz Passante, senior, “Molly Ann,” photography
• Allison Paxton, junior, “Me and My Converse,” drawing; and “From the Ground Up,” photography
• Baylee Smith, junior, “Peaceful Days,” painting
• Samantha Sonnet, junior, “Lost in Thought,” drawing; and “Smell the Flowers,” photography
• Ciara Wagner, senior, “Rosann,” and “Rising,” drawings
• Catriona Watson, senior, “Keeping Warm,” painting
• Madison Williams, senior, “Fabulous Feathers,” drawing
Congratulations to all!
CMHS to Present "The Wizard of Oz" March 23-25
Consider yourself cordially invited to the Canon-McMillan High School's upcoming production of "The Wizard of Oz," which will run from March 23-25.
The family-friendly musical—also featuring elementary and intermediate students—will be presented at 7 p.m. March 23, 24 and 25. A matinee performance will also be held at 1 p.m. March 25.
Tickets are $8, and will be available for pre-sale in the hallway outside the high school auditorium from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 18, or from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 20 through March 22. TIckets will also be available at the door.
Second-Grade Students Celebrate 102 Day of School with STEM Activities
Earlier this month, First Street Elementary school students celebrated the 102nd day of school in recognition of them being in second grade.
Mr. Grice, Mrs. Sollon, Mrs. Arnold and Mrs. Kemp had students complete various activities incorporating STEM into their classrooms.
Each student made a shirt to wear and stamped it 102 times. They also counted out $1.02 in different ways and constructed a boat in small groups to see if they could make it sink or float.
Last, they were given 102 marshmallows in various sizes and were asked to work in a team to construct the tallest structure they could. The students had a blast completing these activities while applying their knowledge and getting hands-on experience working in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math! Hide Article
Canon-McMillan School Directors Appoint Board Member
Canon-McMillan school directors on Jan. 26 appointed Peter Moniodes to fill a vacant board seat.
The vote for Moniodes, 59, of North Strabane, was unanimous.
His term as school director lasts through Dec. 4. He replaces outgoing board member Joe Zupancic, who resigned from his post effective Jan. 1.
Prior to Moniodes taking the oath of office, Canon-McMillan School Board President Manuel Pihakis acknowledged the other three candidates, and thanked them for volunteering to offer their service to the district.
"We're very grateful to all four of them," he said.
In other business:
- The district recognized several members of the Canon-McMillan community for their recent achievements. They included:
• The Canon-McMillan school directors in recognition of January being School Director Recognition Month. They were thanked for volunteering their time and talents for the betterment of public education in our community.
• Canonsburg Middle School students Angelina Mitchell, Maddy Palivoda, Carrah Carson, and Grace Patterson, who took first-place at the South Hills Literature Festival. They competed against 27 other teams. This is the second year in a row that CMS took first place at this competition. The sponsor is Ms. Pam Moniodes.
• Abraham Micklo and Sophia Spalla, kindergarten students at Wylandville Elementary, for being honored by the Washington County Orchestra for winning their "Made in America" Art Contest. Both children received gift cards to Toys R Us for their wonderful work.
• CMS, which is one of 38 middle schools that have been named as a Don Eichhorn "Schools to Watch" in Pennsylvania. This is the third time in nine years that the middle school has been nationally designated as part of the recognition program. It is among 10 schools that have been re-designated. Congratulations to the school and to the hard work of all involved.
• Alexa McNeil, who receiving the KDKA Extra Effort Award for girls volleyball.
- The board also approved its taxpayer relief act resolution, which states that the district shall not raise the rate of any tax for the 2017-2018 school year by more than its index of 2.9 percent.
- The board made a series of personnel moves. The entire list can be viewed here.
- The board approved several contracts. The entire list can be viewed here.
- Directors approved fundraisers, a student trip, and changes to several high school courses.
- The board accepted several grants and donations, including a $24,750 monetary donation from the Horizon Foundation for the purpose of funding an adaptive physical education program created by Eruption Athletics. The donation was made possible by the generosity of Gerry O'Hare owner of Jeffrey's Drug Store.
- Directors authorized McIlvried, DiDiano & Mox, LLC to proceed with the boundary and topographical survey retroactive to Dec. 12, 2016 at a cost not to exceed $1,800.
- The board voted to adopt Aug. 28, 2017 as the starting date for students for the 2017-18 school year.
- Directors approved resolutions authorizing the closure of Cecil and First Street elementary schools effective Aug. 14, 2017.
- The board approved PlanCon resolutions dealing with the Canon-McMillan High School building project.
The entire agenda can be viewed online here: http://www.boarddocs.com/pa/cnmc/Board.nsf/Public
The mission of the Canon-McMillan School District, in partnership with the community, is to invest in our greatest resource, our students. We strive to teach, challenge and support all students to prepare them for college and careers with the information and skills necessary to compete, achieve and serve as leaders in a global economy as ethical and responsible citizens.
The vision of the Canon-McMillan School District is to graduate all students with the ethical and effective communication, critical and creative thinking skills necessary for success in an evolving global economy.
"Striving to be a bully free School District"
|STUDENT INSURANCE: A student accident insurance
program is available for all students. The program is voluntary
and paid for by parents wishing to purchase the insurance
coverage. For more information, please contact:
|Robert A. Simonin Agency
160 West Pike Street
Canonsburg, PA 15317
1 North Jefferson Ave
Canonsburg PA 15317